Sunday 31 July 2011

The End - 100 Word Challenge






At the same time every week their cries were heard. It had been at the same time every week for at least 35 years. But now those cries had distorted. They were more chilling, anguished, and perhaps even sinister. No longer were they barks of encouragement. The sense of exhilaration had long been erased from the memory. It had become one of the twelve labours of Heracles. I had a momentous decision to make. Could I ignore the vitriol any longer or should I accept the inevitable?


Reluctantly, I realised parents had made it impossible for me to carry on refereeing school football matches.

This is my entry for Week Three of the 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups hosted by Julia at The Head's Office. The prompt was to include the words …their cries were heard… 

There are more great entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment